Wednesday, January 20, 2010

God Hates Penguins.

I'll be honest with you; I like this song a lot, but I wasn't going to put it on Onward To Yesterday. It just seemed too incongruous to me. But a lot of people wanted to see it on there. It often surprises me which of my songs will resonate with listeners. Asshat is a very good example. Anyway, this Song Fight title came out not long after the March Of The Penguins movie, and I chose to write a sincere Beatles-esque number for it.


God Hates Penguins

Every creature great and small
They say the Lord God loves them all
But I would question what He calls okay...

God hates penguins, that's for sure
What else could it be
Why else would they have to fly the frozen sea
God made penguins' lives absurd
But not if it was me
'Cause why would I design a life of misery

He who made the mighty owl
Made the flightless waterfowl
It makes me wonder if it's just a game

God hates penguins I suppose
And only God knows why
It makes me wonder what he thinks of you and I

But with a better look I find
That for it all they just don't mind
And is a life untested a life at all

Does God hate penguins, I don't know
Sometimes it seems that way
But we may find that He could change his mind someday
And through the sky we'll watch the penguins fly...


This song (and all the others on Onward To Yesterday) can be heard on the music player to the right.

1 comment: